Has anyone had the experience of creating an affinity group at work for parents of GT children?

I was talking with a co-worker recently whose son has recently been tested and admitted to a pull-out program in a nearby school district. She was telling me about all the issues she's gone through with the school until now (in that district they don't pull out until 3rd grade). It was great to have someone to talk to about stuff - and, while our children are of very different ages, we had some very common experiences.

She was saying she doesn't have a lot of people to talk to about this (her son is a "miracle baby" born from in-vitro, and she says she and her husband often joke that some day some "smarty pants" will come tell them they got the wrong baby). I take that to mean there's no history (at least not identified) of GT in her family - and her son's a fabulous mystery to them every day! smile

Anyway, i know of at least a couple of other parents at work (we have about 900 people in the company locally) who also have GT kids of different flavors (one was a mom who really helped me when we were looking at schools for my older son). And as my friend and i were talking, we thought it could be really helpful for many of us to have a place where we can get together and share info on resources, on challenges, and on cool news (without feeling like we're boasting or feeling bad b/c other people's kids don't do... whatever...).

Has anyone had any experience with this? There's a little part of me that is worried about how it may be perceived... but at the same time, i think it would be a great way - even for kids to meet other kids eventually.

Any suggestions on what to do, not to do, how to do it, etc??