You are not advocating one political candidate over the other. You are trying to bring the topic of gifted education up on a national level. I see no problem with that.

A quick googling of both Republican and Democratic candidates show that someone, somewhere has asked each candidate about gifted education. So the topic is on the radar... it is just a very small blip.

In my mind, this is no different than asking Bill Gates to champion the cause of gifted education. In both instances, what we are really seeking (at least to me) is to bring awareness to the greatest numbers of people. A highly contested national election for the person who shapes our educational policies for the next four years would seem like a valid avenue for promoting our cause. We would just need to treat each candidate as equal, and frame our questions, goals, etc. in a very non-political manner. I would love to see a question on gifted education, or even just education in general, appear in one of the debates. I think most of the country is frustrated by NCLB.

However I know that passions for particular political parties can run high and we run the risk of offending our fellow posters if we express our opinions. So, being very new to all of this (both message boards and gifted education), I would like to hear what other people think.

Mom to DS12 and DD3