Hi All,

I still don know my DS3 is gifted or not (as his reasoning skill is not that "gifted") but his Math skill/understanding is very advanced in his age. (Psychologist and his teachers said his math is in 2nd or 3rd grade levels).

As he will enter K in 2016 Fall, I am now start thinking what is the best fit education option for him, a public sch? A private sch? Sch for the gifted? and what should I do to help him not get bored in his maths class.

My son is a introvert and very shy and he doesn't start speaking in English yet. So skipping grade or early entry is not a good choice for him. I believe, even he got bored, he will not "misbehave", most likely he will only "day-dream" in class. So most likely his teacher will not find the problem. But as a mom, what i really don want is the school make him doesn't enjoy learning. He really loves math so much and he keep on asking me to teach him this and that. I don want him to lost his passion in the subject he likes so much.

Would you mind sharing your opinion, like what can I do for his education? We are living in a very good school district, so we still prefer him to go to public school, however, a smaller size class may be better for him as he is so shy. I am thinking to write a letter to ask the principle of the public sch about what we can do for him, (but actually don know what should ask, as I am not familiar with the education in US and not familiar with gifted education as well:<) and also not confident is it a good idea to ask for and telling the school that he is so talent in maths, or may be turns out he is not gifted :P)

Thanks in advance.