We had a similarly toxic situation in our local public before DD was approved for OOD placement only ours involved a horrible, unqualified principal who set the tone for the entire school. The whole sordid mess was chronicled here so many of the long term members will likely remember what we dealt with. It was b-a-d.

From that perspective may I suggest that you put a written complaint in to the school district about this teacher's inappropriate/retaliatory/discriminatory behavior. In it be sure to include a request that the complaint "be included as part of her personnel record." What we found was without this phrase the complaint never existed. No matter how many parents complained, over what period of time or how egregious the behavior the complaints didn't "officially" exist. The superintendent could look me in the eye and say "I've only received 2 or 3 complaints over the years" even though I personally knew twice that many that had complained to her over the course of a year. With that phrase the principal/district/superintendent/school board will HAVE to look at the behavior. They CAN'T ignore it.

I am surprised that the Dean of Students was so candid with your DH. All we ever got was eye rolls, deep sighs and sympathetic nods of the head. We had folks from central office take over DD's case, had another principal oversee any and all decisions involving DD and her IEP and even filed a Dept of Ed complaint. The principal was eventually removed from the school but not fired. She was "promoted" to a newly created position at central office. Not the best outcome but at least other kids in the school were protected from her outrageous behavior. Your teacher has union protection. A paper trail will be essential.

Do not blink. Do not look the other way. Do not expect her behavior to change. You will need to vigilant to get your DS through this school year unscathed. Hopefully the Dean of Students will be an ally but you will need to be there every time this teacher behaves inappropriately towards your DS. Every. Single. Time.

Good luck and please keep us posted.