Hi all,

As mentioned in the private/public thread, I live in a region that puts intense pressure on its kids (and adults), and that has suffered the suicide of several students this year.

I am on the site council for my son's elementary school. Our council has set aside other projects in favor of working on this: what can we do, in elementary school, to foster the development of whole and healthy children who love learning for the joy of learning itself.

Now - this is not strictly a gifted issue. But it pings hard in many of the conversations we've been having lately. Our principal is a strong lady who would go out on a limb for the right idea. So please - any ideas? Especially specific ideas I could present as something we can DO.

E.g., flipped school, optional-only homework, "homework" that can be completed in the last period of school, or first thing in the morning (e.g., 10 minutes in 2nd grade up to 30-40 minutes in fifth grade).

I don't know - I'm making this stuff up. But I'd love to offer some creative ideas, and you folks seem like a good source.

TIA,
Sue