Don't put too much weight on these "advance" categories, especially before 5th to 6th grade. For example, back in elementary school, almost 2/3 of the 3rd and 4th grade students at the school DS11/DD11 attended tested in the "advance" category on the state math assessments. However, the 3rd and 4th grade GT math classes could only accommodate about 15% of each grade. I am aware that some other schools/districts are even more selective in that GT classes may only accommodate the top 2% to top 5%.

Anyhow, I think that NWEA uses a top 5% cut-off to indicate their version of "gifted" so you certainly have a basis for requesting more. However, your school's program may have higher standards and/or they might want to see a high score more than once. Ultimately, to advocate you need to know your school's cut-off for their program.

It's hard to say whether it's better to get a B in an advance program or an A in a standard program. It depends on your goals as well as repercussions for middle school. That may also not be your choice but the school's. I know that almost all the kids in the GT math classes got A's and in general the elementary math classes in our district are set up so that kids often get 100%.

Anyhow, I would certainly push for more information from your school to try to get your DD into the program if she qualifies. At the same time, you may be better off providing challenges outside of the classroom in the event that she falls outside the program criteria. Unfortunately, most schools keep elementary math too basic and school officials often feel uncomfortable even separating math groups until 5th to 6th grade and the few advance programs end up serving a tiny percentage of the student body.