Hi everyone.

My DD is an HG+ 4th grader and I've struggled over the years to find her the appropriate learning environment in public schools. I was hoping that when she finally got to 3rd grade and could participate in our district's program for the Highly Gifted that things would be better. Unfortunately, the program has suffered over the years due to apathy and budget cuts.

Long story short, I am now involved in an advisory group working with the school district to restore the GATE program to what it once was when it was a model for the country. We have just set our top 3 priorities, #1 being what the "Seminar Program" (the program for HG+) will look like and who it will serve. The program originally served those kids who just could not be served even in the programs for MG. Over the years the program has been watered down and now a lot of these kids, like my own, are just withering.

So, what I am looking for is models from which to draw inspiration to design an exemplary program. Does anyone have experience or know of other programs that are successfully serving the HG+ population?