[quote=HowlerKarma]Yes-- each (genetics and environment) is necessary, but not entirely sufficient if the other is particularly bad or awful, and since the majority have both things be neither awful nor wonderful, well-- that's why the center of the distribution is pretty much where the majority of human beings wind up. [QUOTE]

Sometimes environments are just awful, and become more so the greater a gift. Of course in this regard I am talking about schooling / education.

IMO, genetics aside 2 major factors play a role:

The parental relationship nurturing a child. This starts at birth. Children require profound love and positive stimulation, far more than most parents give IMO. Parents will subconsciously interact with their child the way their parents did when they were young.

Schooling. A child in an environment that does not cater to gifts will dull tremulously from what is nothing but a subtle yet extreme trauma experience. I believe few can truly grasp what I mean, though I do not direct this statement toward anyone on this forum.

The mind is plastic in ways most of us have little frame of reference to. An environment can create or destroy a child. A child could have the best biological predisposition to genius, place them in an environment where such is inconceivable to others and you will end up with a crippled (disabled) person where anyone dumb or bright will agree.

Failing to fund gifts, even investing in education across the general populace is subjecting each student to what is in essence sensory deprivation. The more gift, the greater it becomes to the person. With that a plethora of problems follows.

Last edited by Edward; 02/25/15 07:10 PM.