The afternoon after we had the meeting with his school counselor (about other things) DS15 mentions that he now has a "different" sub for his English teacher who is on maternity leave. We wrote up a 504 for DS this fall and his English class is the one most affected. This is NOT good, DS's private psychologist thinks it's not good. I never thought he first teacher was that great of a fit for DS but she wasn't bad and seemed to be accommodating. The class doesn't meet DS's needs but unless we want to walk away from this school it's all we have and he must take 4 years of English. It seems like the 'first' sub was following the teachers lessons plans and I'm think DS liked her better. This new substitute who started last week he doesn't like, partly because she gives a LOT more homework and much of it is busywork.

DS is now on his 3rd teacher of the year, with a change likely again before the end of the year. Moving classes would require messing up his other classes that are at this time settled. His counselor says they don't know when his "teacher" is coming back.

ARGG.. I'm just frustrated and wanted to vent. DS froze and couldn't write a creative essay piece last night. Not sure what i can really do except maybe request a parent-teacher conference. The counselor is going to meet with this sub this afternoon and go over DS (other other students) 504's. It's just irritating, and the counselors help to 'hand selecting' his teachers is now down another class. So far only the spanish & math teachers seems to be a good fit. The counselor is being very helpful in other ways, and is trying to work with these subs. But I'm frustrated anyway.