DD4 has been drawing stuff (namely people) and writing her name what I think is pretty well for awhile now. She has recently told me that she doesn't want to do it because she can't do it like it looks in her head. She gets very frustrated and wants us to draw things.

Not wanting to push her, but am a bit confused because this was an area she excelled in. Her older cousin (6) has told DD4 that all she does is scribbles, which kind of ticks me off, but hey, that's kids I guess. I think this is playing big on her. She sees herself as older than she is and compares herself to older kids/grown ups and I keep telling her she just needs to chip away little by little and she'll get there. She knows the pictures she drew of a horse doesn't really look like a horse, and she gives up.

Similar thing with reading, I got the impression she was what I call sneak-reading some site words several months ago, but she clams up now when I ask if she knows some word in a book.She says she can't read. I tell her that she's 4 and she doesn't need to read but she says she wants to. So I tell her we can work on it if she wants, but she doesn't seem to be up for it.

She's very hard on herself. Any tips out there?

DD9
DS7