We had a meeting with the school recently. We submitted the private neuropsych report in entirety and the school acknowledged the positive/negative aspects of my child. The school wants to do another evaluation, to offer services based on results. My question is this : does the school really need to do this ? They did say that if he does well, then an IEP will not be given, but a 504 will be given. I don't think any gifted services will be offered, though the teacher can, perhaps, differentiate in the classroom (this will depend on the teacher).

I was also wondering : is it possible to set up a 504 now, while the school continues its evaluation ? Right now, the school said that the teacher will carry out all modifications (there were 4 areas identified), and they don't think a formal 504 is needed. My kid is also scheduled to end the social skills pull out they have going on; they did say that another counselor can work one-on-one with my child. This sounds fantastic, but the actual practice will not be possible (as in, there will be no one guiding him through it).

Are social skills groups not offered as part of 504 ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mom2one; 02/09/15 07:06 PM.