I think there are 8 AP courses offered. I'll have to look. Rite is a freshman this year, but he's being offered AP for sophmore year.

I think the grades are weighted to 4.25 max which is supposed to be in line with the state's university grading system. I THINK.

Trin-Yes I have a couple of friends who have sent their kids to competitive colleges, but none are local. I do have a friend whose 2 kids did quite a bit of AP and they are in a near by city. I do not know of any kids from our local high school who have been to a Tier 1 college, though. Our local high school has only been open 4 years or so.

I seriously do not know any other kid like Rite or Mite. We live in Redneckville. Many many of the parents I know around here do not want their kids to take a foreign language because they think their kids won't ever have to interact with a foreigner (they say this to me, wife of foreigner:^). Obviously there are other top kids in the school, but Rite is a minority and hangs out with the minorities, as is common for minorities in primarily majority schools. Two of his friends are in the top 20 students, the rest are scattered throughout the ranks.

Rite isn't a nerdy type of kid. He's very outgoing and personable. Most of the kids I know who have those traits aren't great students.

So, we're looking.

Rite wants to take all of them next year. I think he said he was to do AP English AP American History AP BIOLOGY and Algebra II. I think that's what he said. I feel badly he's only at Algebra II next year. That's my fault. Long story...some other post down the road.

Willa Gayle