Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence – 4
Edition (WPPSI-IV)

Verbal Comprehension 132 98th%
Visual Spatial 138 99th%
Working Memory 72 3rd%
Full Scale IQ 121 92nd%
Vocabulary Acquisition 127 96th%
Nonverbal 106 (120 estimated) 66% (91st%)
General Ability 143 99.8th %

Test was taken with DDS was just shy of 4yrs. He was having some issues in his montessori school so they suggested we have him evaluated. He is now in a playbased preschool as we thought montesorri wasn't a good fit and he was miserable. He is in a 4yr class even though he should be in the 3rd old class based on his birthday (he just misses cutoff). Our plan has been to put him in kindie next year (he will be the youngest but also the tallest) instead of waiting a year.

He does have some attention and sensory issues (over excited, difficulty self regulating in a multi sensory environment...like gym). This can interfere with his class and cause him anxiety. We are wondering what makes sense in the long run.... Stay the course and place him in kindie next year (where he will be youngest but tallest)? or put him in a private "gifted" pre-k class (where he will be the oldest)? We don't want to over analyze but he's a great kid and we want him to be happy and so far he hasn't liked school much.

I am a bit concerned about the sensory overload issue and his very low working memory score and wonder if that may hold any clues as to what is best for him. (I should note that the working memory portion of the test was given towards the end when his attention/engagement was limited so i don't think it's a completely accurate score but still....)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.