I am filling out the paperwork to enroll DD10 in our district's PEGS program (Program for Exceptionally Gifted Students). DD10 is 2E with high functioning autism, convergence insufficiency, and some motor skill delays. She is extremely bright and is currently in a pull out program that meets twice a week for 2 hours. This program is not nearly challenging enough for her. I was wondering if anyone had experience with a 2E kid in a full time gifted program? Would you be willing to share your experiences with me? How well did the school handle their particular learning issue? Did you get adequate support? Was the material challenging or too advanced? I want DD10 to participate in the program, I am just worried about management of her IEP and not getting the services she needs. We just started her IEP at her current school, and I am already noticing major flaws in implementation of services. She is currently getting services for pragmatic language, social skills, behavior, and organizational skills. I don't want to overwhelm her. Am I worrying too much about this or not enough?

Last edited by kitkat24; 01/23/15 01:45 PM.