So, DH and I made the decision to begin homeschooling DS5 and DS8 next year. We were unhappy with the current school but thought waiting it out until the end of the year would be okay.

Due to some recent events with the school, that has changed. I'll not go into the details here but the environment there is not good for DS8 and I'll not continue sending him there. This is all very abrupt and I'm feeling a little shell-shocked. We've been discussing this with DS8 prepping him for next year so he's not totally freaked out by any of it. On his own today he came up with two projects to pursue and he's really excited.

Since I was already preparing for this, I have good ideas about math curriculum but I'm at a loss right now with ELA. I am planning to do Michael Clay next year but I don't really want to start that mid-year. Do you guys know of anything that would be simple to implement mid-year?

Did anyone else pull their kid out of school and quick-start homeschooling?? Did you survive wink Thanks!