My DS10 HG/SID/ADHD/Anxiety/Depression. We have finally gotten to see a psychologist who is helping with us with my sons host of issues. He was Diagnosed ADHD in 1st grade while still in public school. We now homeschool and while he is technically in 5th, we are working in all subjects at 7th+. The rest of his conditions have been formally diagnosed within the last year and the Aspergers just a few weeks ago. I thought he understood this when we were in the Drs office but just yesterday he heard me talking to his Grandmother and he said, "I have what?"
I told him that yes, he had aspbergers and I thought he was going to cry, (again). How much do I tell him about his conditions? He has so many issues. We're working with a therapist for his anxiety and depression, also a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for ADHD and depression. (We are in a very rural area and have lost our child psychiatrist, the closest is now 2 1/2 hours away) I started homeschooling him last fall because of his severe anxiety at school. I am sometimes just lost, and depressed myself.