Just to clarify, his working memory is not low, but dead average, so in a regular school setting should not be a problem at all. It might be in a high achiever program the likes of which Tallulah describes, though. With almost two standard deviation between working memory and vs, I wonder whether they calculated a GAI at all? Though unless you provide more details on what the TAG programs you were looking at require there's no telling whether that would be even useful.
Provided the scores were fairly accurate with the verbal index somewhat underestimating his skills, a neighbourhood school with fairly high SES demographic or a regular private school with flexibility built into their methods might be just right. You might want to check out schools which use Montessori methods or are Montessori inspired. Personally, I have found "real" Montessori programs in my area too rigid in their approach, but our DS whose scores have been recently all over the place but who scores very highly on a number of various subtests has so far been served adequately in a catholic school which skews highly for SES and incorporates Montessori elements. (Gifted and high achiever programming starting only in fifth grade where I live).

Last edited by Tigerle; 12/16/14 12:31 AM.