Originally Posted by MumOfThree
This will be my youngest daughter. She's felt the need to verbalise every thought she has the second she has it from, well, birth. Her mouth does.not.stop. Fluid reasoning 150, fsiq 145, inhibition of urge to speak 0.

I don't know if this will happen with your dd or not, but fwiw my oldest dd fits the same profile re non-stop talking. TOTALLY drives me nuts at home lol! But for whatever reason - she's actually quite well-behaved and raises her hand to offer up information at appropriate times at school and up to this point (7th grade) has been the model student... so go figure. The minute I pick her up at the end of the school day the non-stop chatter (often about nothing) begins, and when she's hanging out with her friends it's like being amidst of cacophony of squawking seagulls or worse - they all talk at the same time and never give it a minutes rest. But she's happy, has a ton of friends, and manages to somehow appear totally normal (re talking) during the school day - so perhaps there is hope for your dd!

Best wishes,

polarbear

ps - her friends have discovered texting this year. You can not even begin to believe how that opens up the world of communication for a non-stop talker who has 900 best friends lol. On a positive note, our house sounds a lot calmer when she's busy texting laugh

Last edited by polarbear; 11/25/14 04:00 PM.