Hi everyone,

Long story short, I started teaching myself piano mid-September. I have been identified as gifted in two subjects with an LD but have not disclosed this to my teacher, whom I started with in October. I'm not sure if I should, but...

She's been teaching for over 25 years and after I finished the 3 Piano Adventures Primer books, she put me in Faber's PlayTime Classics Level 1 and Alfred's Simply Classic Book 1, along with a Piano Adventures Christmas book which is a 2B level.

I feel like I can handle harder material, as the 2B is still pretty easy, and I'm not sure how to go about asking this. My teacher says she's surprised I'm doing so well/finishing books so fast, but if I'm being honest, they're not very hard.

I'm so hungry for more I often play past my assignments and she's totally fine with this, but I don't need more of the same, either.

I don't want to be arrogant, but I also want to be honest. Should I just say I'm a fast learner and leave it at that? I feel like I need so much more.

I'd really appreciate advice. Thanks! smile