Let me count the ways!

- She is getting more sleep. I am getting more sleep. I am actually more productive than I was before, because I'm not tired all the time!

- Learning somehow seems suddenly . . . three-dimensional. I don't know how else to describe it. Instead of lock-stepping through a curriculum, learning is suddenly about understanding stuff. In any order we please, in any way that works for us. I've heard homeschoolers describe this a million times, but I wasn't prepared for how it feels. It's like going from black-and-white to color.

- I've lightened up about how fast she progresses with the 3 R's. I didn't even realize I was feeling pressure, but I was. I was worrying she would be shut out of higher-level learning in other subjects unless she advanced at a certain pace in math etc. Now I don't have to care what anyone else thinks. We can be doing 5th or 7th grade history while easing our way through 2nd and 3rd grade math. I don't even have to move her along at the pace that she's capable of. Sooner doesn't neccessarily mean she'll be better at it in the long run.

- No homework. And we threw the stupid spelling book in the recycling. (Don't get me wrong, I believe in learning to spell, but the research says the way to get there is lots of reading & writing, not spelling drill.)

- We are meeting fabulous new families with awesome kids.

- She's having fun. She's relaxed. She's HAPPY.