Hi MamaSparkles, Welcome! This is a great forum/ community to here and see what other parents are doing with their kids who have similar learning differences. I am new here too. I agree with Ultramarina, Aufilia and the others. Trust your insticts as you know your child best (and you will be surprised how resilient these kids are and what they can handle). My son, who just turned 7yrs old this month is in 3rd grade at a local public school after 2 grade skips. Advocating for kids isn't always easy but you have to let their work speak for itself. A 6yr old motivated enough to write their own book is at the minimum moderately gifted compared to peers. The STAR tests and others can be used to confirm what you already know and help with appropriate class placement at school. My son is still very advanced for 3rd grade but he is my first child so I was not comfortable placing him in a higher grade with much older kids yet. He skipped pre-k and did kindergarten at 4 and he skipped 2nd grade last year. This is what I was comfortable with at the time. We still do enrichment at home at his level but socially this is route we took at school as we learn about his abilities.