My 2 are homeschooled this year. Believe me, I understand your panic smile

Like another poster mentioned, we try to keep to a somewhat strict schedule because if we can sell our house and move to a better district, we plan to re-enroll them there. Since I don't know when the real estate gods will favor me with a sale, we have been getting them up around 8-8:30 and starting by 9 at the latest. Their core learning hours are from start time til 2 PM. Though my 8th grader often runs past that time because she takes her time with lessons.

My 4th grader buzzes right through his work by 11 at the latest most days and I encourage him to work harder earlier in the week and let him have Fridays off if all of his work is done to do what he wants. My 8th grader often doesn't get it all done and works a full school day.

If DS in 4th grade finishes early, he has to do something educational until 2 PM. He typically reads (he's mid-Harry Potter right now), watches the Science Channel, or watches and builds Lego projects off YouTube. He also watches Maths Mansion off there (British TV show). He plays older math games or empire building games on the computer too.

Today, we watched a two-hour H2 documentary on the Fall of the Roman Empire.

Since we are ahead of the pacing guide for the history taught in our state for 4th graders, he is going to be working on a diorama next week. Your school or others in your state may list their pacing guides matching state standards online. I can easily have him spend a few weeks working on that project and still be comfortably ahead.

There's lots of flexibility in what you can do. It has been so nice to not just rely on text books but to get other materials/websites to add that extra in-depth layer to the regular learning.

Our local Y has a homeschooler gym class that I'm going to check out.

Good luck! In your research, you may find great resources for the summer or just for use at home, even if you don't decide to pull your child home.