Wow, thank you everyone for your input. It's all very helpful. Please note the local HS has not agreed to any of my suggestions yet. They do seem to require Honors Bio before any AP science course. There is no foreign language at any of our middle schools, and they normally do not allow you to take any until 10th grade. They are willing to allow him to take honors Trig/pre-cal, I just believe this will be too easy for him. They also have limited AP courses vs. other schools outside our area. It’s hard to believe that a MS with 1400+ students has no foreign language and no geometry (Or now Math 1). The HS has over 4000 students and is one of the largest in the country but does not have a Physics AP class. I am hopeful that they will become more flexible as we progress. We had huge battles with the district for the grade skip in 2nd and the two year math skip in 4th to 6th. The good thing is that they still are trying to work with us and trying to do what they think is best. The HS does have a great engineering path for students that want to go to Cal Poly Pomona.

Last edited by Edwin; 10/17/14 11:32 AM.