My DD12, currently in 8th grade, has a GIEP. She takes two 9th grade classes this year as part of her coursework (math and spanish) I asked the school to evaluate where she stands in regards to the state standards in ELA. On one test, she scored proficient overall (the target for Pennsylvania standards). In the subcategories half were proficient and half were advanced. I argued that according to this test, she meets the standards set for by Pennsylvania for 8th grade ELA and she needed something more. The school wanted more data so they did another test. Mostly same results, if anything they were slightly better. The school is offering enrichment opportunities for her within the classroom, but it is at the sole discretion of the teacher. Teacher will provide alternative assignments when DD has mastery, but they refuse to tell me what school considers mastery. They will also not add this to her GIEP. I am very frustrated. Have been doing well working with this school but now we have a new principal and I think she's hindering the process.