Let's start with honesty.. haven't read the whole thread.. so apologies if this was covered.

our gt school was a 60-90 minute round-trip last year. 70 minutes pure drive time then the pick up time cause they don't seem to fall from the sky into the car.

the upside - education was a great fit. being with other gt kids was AWESOME. downside - we got home an hour later than all the neighborhood kids. and i had to ignore all the post school crazies, make dinner, and then work on getting them all to bed.

it does put a damper on your day and i only had to do it one way. if it was still an option i'd do it again (and be crabby about it still) but if I were looking at 2 hours round trip - no way. for me 35 minutes there and then having your kid trapped to talk to you for 35 minutes home had its advantages. but for me, i don't know that i could do it if it took longer. and frankly, i don't know that i would have decided in its favor if i really knew what the drive would feel like day in and day out. any chance for a carpool. or even - we did a daycare option that would bus her in the morning for the ease of only driving once.