I have been posting a bit about DD4 wanting to push ahead in math etc and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with...

Thinking about contacting school now (she starts in 6 months) speaking to GATE coordinator to see if they can recommend a course of study prior to starting that will enable them to accelerate/enrich easily. Our school charter says they will enrich/accelerate within the classroom and I'm worried that if I start teaching her now I could be doing so at cross purposes to the school.

My thoughts are the GC can advise which reading/math programs etc they use so DD can slot in without being too concerned with GAPs or technique. She's getting ratty about not learning so I can't hold her back. I figure too that their openness ought give me a good insight as to whether the school will be a good fit. We have a few options.

We had originally thought DD might cope fine and perhaps skip a grade, however we are now starting to feel that her FSIQ was a very low estimate (she was stressed, overcoming illness and a few other little things) and a multi grade skip will be in order if at all do able/

As home schooling is not an option (boo) I want to have a good relationship with the school (if possible!)