A few questions:

My Daughter skipped PK and started K this year at 4. Her school is a highly academic montessori and many of the kids are about a year ahead of a typical public school. She still is excelling in her grade despite the skip. My question is this though: DYS wants you to be at least two grades ahead academically to apply, right?

1) With this skip, does my daughter need to be completing 2nd grade level work at a school that is already a grade ahead (so equivalent to public school grade 3) in order to qualify for DYS?
She would have had to start this year in 1st at public and would have still been ahead if we went that route. But, other than reading chapter books, she is not completing work that the second graders are completing at her school.

2) What are the benefits of applying to DYS if the school does seem to be meeting most of her needs (individualized learning ect.)? Or is DYS manly for kids whose school doesn't meet their needs?

3) If we were going to get her tested to qualify for DYS, what test should she take? Is it even worth testing her given that her school is mostly able to meet her academically through individualized instruction and the grade skip?

Please let me know!