Not crazy at all considering what we have been thru the last couple of years smile
I am repeating what PPs have said about getting a good tutor because it worked really really well for DS11. He is currently doing Math2 and he is struggling a bit. And that is a good thing for him!
His tutor has been invaluable. He is a retired Math Professor. He has the patience and the knowledge to guide DS. He truly loves the subject and teaching. He works with DS on AoPS books which gives them material to chew on. Some chapters go quickly some take a lot of time. AoPS has fit his needs well for now.

I would suggest you look at Universities for a person who has a strong background in Math and works with younger children.Almost all teachers we have had have a degree in education and do not have a background to teach math to kids like these.Our tutor actually said that my other DS in second grade probably knew more math than all the teachers in our little elementary school. I am not sure of your location in NC,I know NCSU runs a Math Circle so they might be able to recommend someone. Good Luck!