On the contrary, I think that the percentile information is extremely useful.

If too many people get into the 99th percentile (than could reasonably be predicted)'then the test is too easy. Conversely, if too many people end up in the lower percentiles then either the test to way too hard or the teaching sucks - take your pick LOL. Either way I think it is useful at a macro level. Also, down in the weeds at the micro level it would reveal a lot about an individual child in terms of academic placement. Politics obviously trumps science so such information is probably never even calculated lest it get leaked.

Here in NJ, the bands are very broad - partially proficient, proficient and advanced proficient. My DD was in the last band for Maths, Science and LA. But her LA score 251/300 lagged her scores in the other two areas by 49 points. Advanced proficient scores vary from 250/300 to 300/300. I would dearly like to see what percentile my DD is in particularly as her VCI (150) is significantly higher than her PRI (145) [this is without extended norms] and her LA trails her Maths and Science score by a very wide margin.

Pssst: If anyone knows a way of getting this information then please share it

Become what you are