Originally Posted by raptor_dad
I think its a great idea. If this is MOEMs it doesn't require you to write beyond the answer(no showing work). If it Math Kangaroo, that's multiple choice as are the AMC tests at the next level.

I am pretty sure it is MOEMs! Yay, I am glad it is a possibility regardless of it is Moems, Kangaroo or AMC!

The teacher likes and understands him.

Well, now, let's not get carried away! She knows of his issues. Not sure she actually likes him!
LOL In fact, at this point I am not sure how she will react when she sees he signed up. She could be discouraging if she sees him as a pita. He was in her pull-out not because of her but because he passed a test every month.

Sounds ideal, why wouldn't you do it.

I don't know, I just get nervous with outside class stuff in a way. Inside "class" he has an iep - people can't mess with that. Outside activities - they just don't seem to be or feel inclusive to me. (this is just my own feeling - I could be wrong overall). Like, my son loves to creative write but needs either a scribe or to do it on a computer so any creative writing camps often are very discouraging. They very reluctant/unhappy to have him. They often cite that he will not be happy or he'll have a bad experience as their reason for reluctance. I just wondered if it'll be the same with this... But, yeah, the teacher of the club does fully know about his disability; so, there will not be that learning curve where I have to educate and explain, etc. while watching the reluctance and fear creep across the person's face !

Last edited by Irena; 09/22/14 09:42 AM.