Those were good posts to go back and read! Including the old one of mine! We specifically DID NOT want our two together as we were worried about what would happen - and then they did end up in the same class anyway!!! But, as I stated, we are planning on moving the younger one to a different school so that won't be an issue any more (having big sister's friends questioning why little sister is around). Thanks also for pointing out that there were some good books mentioned. I will go find them for the girls.
Yes, big sister is amazing - she definitely has her strengths! I think it's very hard to realize that a younger sibling can do the work that she can do (and more). DD10 and I talked today about storybook characters who skip grades and how that worked. I think it will take awhile for the reality to sink in to DD10 about DD9. Funny thing is - DD9 is very envious of DD10 because she is the social one who does so well in school and is so organized!! I do plan on asking the psych. for ideas. She is full of great practical ideas that I really like. I just was so worried last night when DD10 just sobbed that she wished DD9 was a lot younger so she wouldn't be able to be in the same grade as DD10. But, just so you know, this afternoon they decided to write a novel together and publish it so at least for today they are friends again.