My daughter is 4 years old and gifted, in a pre-k gifted school. She has long been writing (from about 2 years old). She asks me to spell words and then she writes them. But now she is learning how to spell the words, so I tell her to write "cat" and she write its. But then when I ask her to read the word she says she doesn't know what word it is. I'm not sure how she could know how to write it but not read it.

I should also mention that when she started to write she wrote everything in mirror form. At first the pediatrician said it was a developmental thing. Then the Occupational Therapist said she wanted me to start to correct her, so I did. Now she writes words correctly, but she still prefers the words mirrored in reverse. Like she writes a sentence correctly, and then writes it in her mirror way, and she tells me "this is the way I like it"

So I am starting to wonder if she could be seeing the letters reversed or something and that is why she can write the word but not read it? Would you be concerned? And if so, who could help with this kind of situation?