Maybe get some of the more advanced snap circuit kits? The one with the fan is usually a big hit even with kids who don't like snap circuits. And Snap Circuits Lights is really fun for kids.

I'm embarrassed to admit my DS7 has almost all of the snap circuit kits; but when he was five and six it was one of his main activities. Now 7, he can create extremely complicated circuits that really are quite cool.

We also bought a set of Little Bits - he has asked for more of those.

Also, there is a magic school bus science kit subscription. Right now there is a groupon for it. http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-young-scientists-magic-school-bus

If your son likes science - it is amazing to me how much my son enjoyed mixing vinegar and baking soda together at that age. He would change the amount of the materials, and sometimes add soap, water or dye; but he really enjoyed watching the reaction. He did it over and over and over and over and over and over....... I think it was because I let him do it by himself - all the other chemistry experiments required adult assistance. Then again, he still enjoys experiments that bubble over...(mixing alka-seltzer with different liquids is his new thing....) LOL

Last edited by momoftwins; 09/05/14 07:27 PM.