aeh, thank you for telling me about DIAL-4. I do not have ANY idea how the school is going to proceed with my DD. By bringing in outside testing I have bypassed the typical screening process. I had a very brief conversation with the school psychologist when I gave her the outside test results and she was very vague when I asked her what the next steps will be. There is supposed to be some meeting at which I will be able to discuss DD. We are in a district where whole grade acceleration is possible, but I am still unclear what would be best for DD. Plus I have no idea what our schools attitude is towards acceleration. Whole grade acceleration won't be enough to provide an all around challenge, so the option is to keep her in K and try to bring in challenging material and let her have as much fun playing in K as possible.
I am trying to prepare for all outcomes and don't want to be blindsided by the "maturity" objection again. Now I feel I can offer a suggestion to objectively assess DD's emotional and social maturity. Thank you all so much for your thoughts!