Hi cbnanney, I missed this post and didn't want you to feel overlooked.

1. I don't think you sound crazy! Although having a small baby is a crazy high demand, low sleep time.
2. Sounds like you were gifted as a child if you had radical acceleration. It also seems like you had a tough time. I am sorry, that must have hard. Our own experiences naturally raise concerns that tough times for us are not repeated for our children. We desire to protect them from what we went through, be it consciously or unconsciously. I can see how that would make you start thinking about educational options even at this stage.
3. I personally think gifted kids are on a different trajectory from day one, although it may differ in how obvious that is. Kids are also like their parents although not completely. IQs are often very closely aligned presumably a combo of hereditary and nurturing influences.

So what to do? Feel comfortable you have found a supportive forum where you can ask questions and browse the posts of other people who are having similar experiences. Not feeling alone is a big start.

Become educated on giftedness, both for yourself as a gifted adult and for your child.

Try to pace yourself. With all the demands of being a sahm,with the responsibility for a small dependent being, don't lose you in the process. If you can enlist support to have a little time for you, it will help you relax and maintain perspective so you can enjoy your DS and watching him grow.

As he gets older, don't be confined to toy choices limited to his age group, just watch safety issues. Read books to him and with him. Explore places like parks and museums. Try different things together. Look for what calms your son so you know how to give him downtime, massages, warm baths, different types of music. Be aware of the downsides to lots of stimulation and try to set up a self soothe pattern if you can.

Just throwing ideas out there to help you get started. As with everything here, take what you find helpful and leave behind the rest. You know you and your son and I think you will be fine because you care enough to think and search for help.

Congratulations on surviving the first three months and welcome to the the forum.