Hello I'm new here and sorry for the use of a provocative headline, but hear me out.

The reason why I'm here is that during the last year or so i have found that i'm having a an increasingly difficult time managing emotions especially some hither to unexplored arrears of jealousy and love(cliche I know). It got to a point where normal coping techniques where insufficient, and reasoning it out did not provide any usable answers.

This was the time I, once again, ventured out into the world of self diagnosis, where i concluded that i properly wasn't bipolar or schizophrenic, but I kept running into articles about higher levels of emotions in the so called 'Gifted'.

So now to the point: when i read about giftedness i find that a identify with around 75% of the markers, as well as IQ levels. But my gripe with the definition is that it to my eyes seem to good, and somewhat lacking in it's relation to common psychological framework. Furthermore i fear that much of the information is written by concerned parents to other concerned parents, a demographic which is notorious for grasping after straws(e.g. anti vaccination).

But i would love to hear your input on this, i will be happy to be proven wrong, what a load of my shoulders that would be.

P.S. I am dyslexic so please don't come down too hard on my gamma.