Thanks for all of the comments.

At this point, I do not know for sure whether we will pursue early entry or not. An IQ test is just one of the pieces of information we will be using to help us make that decision. She could well test under 98% and early entry will be out of the question.

My daughter is in a play based daycare now and they have reported that she constantly seeks adult interaction, prefers toys/tasks that challenge her cognitively and loves the limited amount of direct instruction group time they provide. She becomes frustrated when other children interrupt her play, do not follow the rules/instructions etc.

I am not sure how this will change over the coming year or two but I am concerned that a 3rd year in the same play based environment will become problematic due to boredom.

In case we do not early enter, I am trying to figure out other options for the year in question. The staff at her current centre have said that she will need 'extending' if she stays for the additional year, but I need to clarify how exactly they plan to do this.