Hello,

I have a DS8 who has been diagnosed with mild Aspergers almost 2 years ago. This is before I discovered my DD is highly gifted and I feel some of his behavior can be attributed to giftedness. He was given a brief DASII test at the time that indicated almost superior verbal and gifted PRI. No WM or Processing subsets were given. He also vision issues. We dealt with his convergence insufficiency but he still has intermittent exotropia in one of his eyes.

Fast forward to now. DS is having major perfectionism and anxiety issues to the point where he is having breakdowns on a daily basis. I am feeling that he needs some supports in school to help with his perfectionism and anxiety. Otherwise he is doing very well at school (gifted magnet school - 4th grade).

Bearing in mind his sister is a DYS, I would like to get more comprehensive testing done for him but need guidance.

I have talked to the educational psych who tested my DD. She is a tester listed on Hoagies and we really liked working with her. She will do a battery of tests including ones for attention/focus.

How is this different from a neuropsych testing?

Or should we request an IEP and let the school do the assessments? I would really appreciate some advice as I have no clue. Thank you!!