As a teacher, I would be a bit put off to receive that letter before any introduction or experience with the child. Please keep in mind that to go in defensive or aggressive with someone you have never met, makes for a rocky start to a constructive relationship.

As the parent of a gifted child who is in a gifted program, the most beneficial thing I have found is to provide teachers some keys to my child at the beginning of school. It is challenging to get to know 20-30 children and what makes them tick. Some children don't share much at all so it is helpful when we can provide this and teachers can draw from it. I prefer not to focus on telling a teacher what not to do or what other teachers have done wrong. I'd rather give them some keys to my child. I try to be realistic and communicate strengths and weaknesses and also do so with a sense of humor.

I try to let the school focus on going deep on the standards with a gifted focus and we supplement at home based on individual interest. Back to school night is a good night to ask the math questions as well. Ask if there are any programs such as Moby Max that sync with classroom work and that you should have your child work on at home. Also ask how homework/classwork is communicated. Once she gets to know your child, I would talk about differentiation in reading/writing assignments. She should be able to incorporate her reading/writing up several levels within whatever structure she's working with.