Improv is a great universal skill.

But digging in a little further, as it has got me thinking about the deeper topic. I think if you are functionally monolithic, maybe what you need is to look to the core skill more as a lens rather than worrying about the skillset which will be self-addressing. That means say for math, maximizing the exposure of applications then your option is to shoe horn across to another field.

Or maybe you abstract math out to the "science of patterns" and emphasize using that patterning skillset to identify and think about patterns in any situation whether it is math-based or not.

Longer term, if you had to choose between going deep and learning intensely in a field or emphasizing flexibility and autodidactic flightiness, which has the bigger payoff?

I like expository writing, as that can be a leg up in traditional work or allows for blogging or other content generation if you develop a mile deep core skill.

All food for thought, more valuable perhaps if homeschooling. Also, don't ignore the implications of the maker movement and 3d printing, as design will become a much more valuable skill.

And must be late as my rambling also has me thinking: why in the heck am I letting public schools teach my child with their classically twenty year backwards post-sightedness?