Does anyone have feedback on the Teaching Textbooks curriculum? DD11 is weakest and least confident in math and prefers organized and step by step instruction. She's still working ahead of grade level (while shoring up some skill gaps from bad past instruction) and will be taking Algebra I.

I've written here about her issues with Life of Fred. The Everyday Math and Bridges Math her old public school used would just drive her to distraction. She often does better with harder problems than simple ones. She has very low tolerance for manipulatives and visual type math learning and also hates the kind of "explain your answer" "explain three ways of doing this" "explain why this is wrong" problems (did it seem like common core aligned curriculum made this more common or it is me?).

It's frustrating because there's no reason she shouldn't be as confident and skilled in math as any other subject. Then again, her old public school homework sometimes made no sense to ME (and I topped out in college Calc II). So I suspect she's been the victim of some poor curriculum (and I know she's been the victim of poor teaching) in public school.

I hope the new curriculum will help (and the instructor is excellent as well). But I'd like forewarning of anything to watch out for. She also goes to Mathnasium where they are working on those gaps and tends to love it.