Hi ndw,
Thank you for thinking of my son. Yes he sat the test yesterday. I think he enjoyed it- he does love the puzzles etc although he said that he didn't finish one of the papers. I am not sure whether this means it was too hard for him.

The public school he attends had the sports carnival on the same day???????? So that was a little off putting. He had to run by himself when he arrived and be time trialled. There some other kids doing it but in the year older group. Seems very odd that they hadn't realised it was on.

He had practised a few at home and he said that the form of some of the questions was the same. I followed the advice of posters up thread and prepare him but really tried to remove any pressure and just encourage him to try his best.

He is totally against moving schools to go the OC as he doesn't want to leave his friends. Given he moved years and has worked hard to create a new friendship group i can understand where he is coming from. I wish that we had sent him to a public school with an OC (with the benefit of hind sight) but i hope the results, when they come, will at least give us a little guidance about where he might sit in his new cohort. It might help us know whether selective high school is a possibility. Also i think that it was good for him to try out a formal exam situation with unknown people in charge and strict rules so that when he does the next one that is much more familiar to him.

He does get anxious- for some reason he was anxious about walking past the high school students at the school where it was held?? Luckily one of his best friends decided to do it too so he had a mate to hang out with before hand.

It was interesting to see that the other parents were very stressed and anxious about it- not sleeping etc.

So we will see what the results are like when they come- apparently you can ask for more details than just the mark.
Cheers,
hhbella

I