So... I know my DS's and my DD's WISC scores qualify them, but I'm stumped on the Achievement Tests / Portfolio.

My DS9 is doesn't seem academically inclined, has slow processing and appears to be working at grade level and shows no real interest at working higher. So I'm not sure how he would do on an achievement test. For example, I have both DD9 and DD7 working on Dreambox because I thought it would give me a little bit of an idea if they were working above grade because of the pretests (if they know the material already the pretest will skip them up). DS9 has not had the pretests skip him up yet, and he's still on 3rd grade level (but he's already finished 3rd and going into 4th at his school). My DD7 has on the other hand skipped some material and in 3 hours has almost tested out of 1st grade on DB (but she just finished 1st grade and is going into 2nd at her school). So it appears that both are not really working above grade or at the top of their grade.

I'm pretty sure my DD9 is reading at at least the 6th or 7th grade level however. My daughter is reading at grade level but it not a big reader (yet). I suspect that will change as soon as she feels like she's good at it.

My understanding is that they need a portfolio of work that shows that they are working above grade, right?

So what are my options? If any?