Looking through the whole thing, this does present things in a nice way. Their M.A.T.C.H. is really a good model for how to handle most kids with LD's as well.

polarbear: After reading what you had to say and looking through the whole thing, I still don't think it fits my daughter. That's OK, it's good to know about and there are other things that cause low muscle tone. My daughter also had a number of medical issues as a baby/toddler. Because of this her doctor was very careful to suggest early intervention often. We did do many of the suggestions to improve her gross motor. I sought out physical activities for her that emphasized participation rather than competition. She had the BEST dance teacher who was more about process than product, and made the whole event fun. Over the years she did swim team, soccer and softball, and dance. She never excelled any any of these sports but she enjoyed them and it helped a lot. We lucked out and got supportive coaches who really did care to help all the kids. One thing I never managed to do was get her really comfortable on a bike.

Last edited by bluemagic; 07/20/14 09:44 PM.