KTPie - we went to our final meeting also 99% sure we would pull him to homeschool. At that meeting they offered a grade skip with immediate effect and from there any subject acceleration as required. (based on performance and emotional stability mostly they admitted).

The questions we asked included the ones MON posted above and a few others. The ones I remember included:

- If this acceleration is taken now, how would you feel if further acceleration was required later?
- will he be penalised for skipping into the grade with the current set of emotional issues (he had just started in therapy as we exited the school)?
- what are your step by step plans for educating a child like this? (this goes hand in hand with how many other kids like this have you had through here and when)
- are you open to frequent team meetings on this? Can we work together?(we tried to instill the concept that the school and we could team up to find working solutions together)
- will his teachers year on year be made aware of his abilities and where he ends each year on ability so that we can start from where we are and not go through a period with each new teacher of "getting to know you for 4 months"
- are there age restrictions on any school activities (like chess clubs, orchestras etc) and how will sports age grouping work? This can become a big deal for some schools with younger kids

Those are the main ones I can think of for staying full time at school

You can ask how open they would be to your child coming in for some activities, sports, cultural activities etc when you homeschool.

best of luck - I am so curious to hear what they offer/have to suggest/say laugh

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)