This is the only place that I can tell this story without being thought of as totally crazy. So, my DD was in the first year of a grade skip and had A's all year long. Most of her grades were 98+ except Language (grammar). At the 3rd quarter, her avg was a 94, the lowest A at her school. This made her nervous but she was determined to make sure she kept all A's even though she hates Grammar. So, she actually studied for her tests. She was nervous about the comprehensive final even though she had a 97 going into the final. So, we got extra practice sheets for her to do so she could practice "not missing" where something is wrong. The teacher pushed back the final to the last week of school that was all half-days to give the class more time. Well, the day the teacher gave the final, the principal wanted the students to practice for the end of school program earlier than usual and the class was rushed through the exam when normally they have plenty of time. My daughter got an 85 on the exam, bringing her quarter grade to a 93 and her semester grade to a 93.5 which the teacher did not round up. Though her full year grade was still an A. My poor little perfectionist was so upset and to make it worse, the test was on her birthday. The lesson changed from sometimes you have to actually put in some effort but it will pay off to... sometimes things happen out of your control and you just have to live with it and move on, but by putting the work in you learned the material better and it will be better for next year.

The positive is that it made another plus in her mind for homeschooling next year.