Good morning! I posted recently about moving with a grade accelerated child. We will be moving to two different states. I called and spoke with the administration for the second state and my husband spoke with the administration for the first state. My husband was given incorrect information and I just found out that the first state will not allow my DD to go into second grade since there was no formal acceleration plan and we do not have an IQ score, just achievement testing.

My question is should we have to pay for the IQ testing, or should this be on the school? I will pay for it if need be, but in my opinion her grades and achievement scores should be more then sufficient to warrant her continuing on to second grade.

My daughter is reading and comprehending on a 3rd grade level, and is at a 2nd grade level for math. Placing her in first grade for a second time would be extremely detrimental in my opinion.

Also, does anyone here have experience with the interstate compact on educational opportunities for military children? My husband and I are both active duty and I think I may be able to push the issue using the compact to get her into second grade, but I am not sure if this falls directly under that or not.

Thank you so much!