I usually preface testing by explaining that we are going to do some work together that helps me understand how you learn best. This work is made for children younger than you, and also for children older than you (true for nearly all children, as higher functioning older kids will usually get the next level up), so some of the work will be easy, and some of it will be hard, and that's okay. The important thing is to do your best, so that we learn about how you learn. This will help your parents and teachers understand how they should teach you. (Sometimes I add: so that we teach you in a way that is not so easy that it is boring, and not too hard either, but just right for you. Or other wordings, depending on the age and ability of the child.) With school-age children, I often include a brief comment on diverse learning styles, and may ask them if they have an idea of how they learn best. With adolescents, I may skip over the age-difference part, and emphasize the diversity of learning styles more.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...