Dd4.75 will be skipping k and entering first grade in fall per her teacher's recommendation. She is very strong in math and first grade will still be very easy for her. However, she just started reading a few months ago and while her teacher assures me she is above where a kid entering first grade would be, I am losing sleep over it. So I started researching language arts curriculum that I might be able to use in the homeschool with her over the summer. English is my third language and I have no background in teaching, so I want something that is easy. Dd learned to read on her own and is an excellent speller, but I am worried she may suffer later if she is not taught formally about phonics, spelling rules and grammar.
So, here are my questions. Has anyone used Logic of English? Please share your opinions. I am open to any other curriculum you may have used and liked. And lastly, am I worrying for nothing? Should I just let it go and will dd continue to learn what she needs by herself? Thanks.