I am really glad to have found this forum! My 2nd grader was recently diagnosed with ADHD as well as finally getting admitted into the GT program at her school starting the upcoming year. I think the big issue is that each side was cancelling the other so she just appeared to be an average kid who had some trouble staying still. Which is what I think her current teacher thinks, making it a bit frustrating. Apparently her ADHD is mild, according to the neuropsychologist, but she did recommend some therapy as well as consideration of medication. So we are going to work on that over the summer and see how things go. She mentioned about going to the school to set up a 504. Given the ADHD and well as the GT placement, I am not sure what I should be asking for or how the entire process works. If there is a website that had good info, please let me know. I appreciate any input. Thanks so much

ETA: She has had an RTI in place since January because of her impulsive type behaviors. While it has helped her not to talk as much in school, I haven't seen it help her distractibility which has resulted in making a ton of careless mistakes on school work, etc.

Last edited by reddyshi; 05/22/14 02:40 PM.